Re: News clips of interest

From: David Opderbeck <dopderbeck@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Feb 07 2006 - 10:59:09 EST

*Seems to me that the NAE has little business adopting
policies that are clearly outside their areas of expertise. *

I have a problem with this one. Certainly it's within the calling of an
organization like the NAE to adopt policies on issues relating to the
stewardship of the environment. Nevertheless, I think the NAE wisely did
not take a position specifically on any disputes concerning the science
behind theories of global warming, because those disputes are far from
resolved in the scientific arena, and because they are so loaded
politically.