Re: AIG says it like it is

From: <glennmorton@entouch.net>
Date: Tue Feb 07 2006 - 09:03:52 EST

I will respond once and then I am off.

Michael Roberts wrote:

>Well you wont get any sense from someone who believes anything as nonsensical as
>"accommodation/allegory/metaphor" Anyway I don't know anyone who accepts such a
>weird view . It's bizarre, are you sure anyone holds it. Cant think of anyone in ASA or CIS
>who does

Then you don't understand the use of a / character. You yourself have claimed to be an acommodationalist so I think you dissemble or are merely raising red-herrings here.

 Yesterday flying back to Beijing, I watched a wonderful old movie, Second Hand Lions with Michael Cane and Robert Duval, who played Uncle Hub.  He had a great quote I wrote down.

"Just because something isn't true doesn't mean you can't believe it!"  -- Uncle Hub

Wonderful line. It would apply to leprechauns, flying saucers, faeries, hallucinations, delusions of grandeur, YECism,  accomodationalism, geocentrism, allegoricalism, great green slugism, Mormonism, Buddhism and metaphoricalism. The line illustrates both sides in this p-poor apologetical situation we are in.  And if we ourselves are willing to believe something that is not objectively or experientially true, why do we deny the YECs their freedom to equally believe what is not objectively true?

Last response, I won't even read the list for a while so I won't be tempted.