RE: Kurt Wise on the creation crisis in Christian colleges

From: Tjalle T Vandergraaf <ttveiv@mts.net>
Date: Sun Feb 05 2006 - 15:40:05 EST

My response was not based on a misinterpretation of the history of science.
My response was cast in the framework of relating to YECs. In that
relationship, I find it more productive to acknowledge our imperfect
knowledge of past events. As to "occasional goofs," I would add the
Thompson model of the atom, the phlogiston theory, and the incorrect
understanding of the source of solar energy. Ted Davis can add many more,
I'm sure. To us, these "goofs" may appear little more than occasional
hiccups in our quest for understanding but, that's probably because of our
vantage point in the 21st century.

Chuck Vandergraaf\

  _____