Re: Kurt Wise on the creation crisis in Christian colleges

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Sun Feb 05 2006 - 13:54:13 EST

I think you need a double look at the development of science. On the one
hand, Einstein's relativity kept the results of Newton as the limiting
case. On the other hand, he incorporated the field theory derived from
Faraday and Maxwell, which is a radical change. What I know about the
development of science is that solid work remains solid, though the
theory may develop in unanticipated ways. As to Kuhn, I have never been
impressed by his notions. Folks who know the history of science tell me
that what happened and what he says "should" have happened are at odds.
Dave

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 13:19:41 -0500 David Opderbeck <dopderbeck@gmail.com>