Re: Kurt Wise on the creation crisis in Christian colleges

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Sat Feb 04 2006 - 18:39:53 EST

See the end.

On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 20:58:44 -0000 "Michael Roberts"
<michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk> writes:
> Funny that none of the early Christian geologists like de Luc,
> Townsend,
> Buckland, Conybeare, Sedgwick, Henslow, Miller and many many others
> never
> thought of it!!
>
> One cannot get away from the steady succession of species over vast
>
> geological time
>
> Michael

I note that none of the individuals Michael mentioned had access to
radio-dating, for radioactivity was not discovered till 1896. I don't
have a date for the discovery of the U-Pb series, but it was later. Now
we have additional series that coincide to demonstrate antiquity. So the
claim that I have heard that the maximum age for coal strata is ~70Ky by
C-14 is knocked into a cocked hat. Since our understanding of the nature
of nuclei gives a solid theoretical foundation to the computation of the
timing of the release of alpha and beta particles and gamma rays, there's
little hope that there'll be a revision because of a brass mirror. The
fuzzy image refers specifically to the spiritual future.

George, when did a little heresy interfere with YEC hermeneutics?
Dave