Re: Kurt Wise on the creation crisis in Christian colleges

From: <mrb22667@kansas.net>
Date: Fri Feb 03 2006 - 15:46:48 EST

Thanks for your patience (Keith) for posting yet again good book selections that
newcomers like me now see for the first time. It sounds like these two titles

"In the Beginning" by Henri Blocher (IVP)

"God's Pattern for Creation: A Covenantal Reading of Genesis 1" by W. Robert Godfrey

..rise to the top of the recommendations and should be on my shelf.
Thank you all.

It is interesting to see how books like these are viewed as "stepping stones"
away from YEC. Such "gentle" persuasion is applied both ways, as I've heard
YECers refer to books (like some I.D. works) as stepping stones towards YEC --
or at the very least, a rejection of evolution. It sounds like all these
psychologically savvy methods of persuasion will inevitably collide head-on
somewhere. Ardent adherents on both sides have no doubt raised their
sensitivity levels to detect such "gentle indoctrination". Then the shouting
starts.

--merv