Re: Kurt Wise on the creation crisis in Christian colleges

From: <RFaussette@aol.com>
Date: Fri Feb 03 2006 - 12:19:07 EST

In a message dated 2/3/2006 11:47:54 AM Eastern Standard Time,
SteamDoc@aol.com writes:
I think that when dealing with people who are coming from the more
conservative wing it is important to choose one's sources wisely. I have been reading
"Honest to Genesis" by Margaret Gray Towne. While I find worthwhile material
there, her approach to Scripture and orthodox doctrine is sufficiently
"liberal" that I would never recommend that book to my more conservative friends. It
would just reinforce their view that evolution and non-literal readings of
Genesis 1 are another manifestation of the abandonment of Biblical truth, as they
see it.
Just 2 comments:
1. Darwinian exegesis of the torah supports conservatism, not liberalism.
2. Genesis is allegorical.

Judaism is rational and pragmatic.

rich faussette