Re: Kurt Wise on the creation crisis in Christian colleges

From: David Opderbeck <dopderbeck@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Feb 02 2006 - 22:22:26 EST

*without appearing to chop down the trees!!!? Appearances are
certainly important -- but I think the issue is deeper than mere
appearances.*

Of course! I didn't mean to suggest that appearances are all that matters.
What I was trying to suggest is that the problems in popular American
evangelicalism are bigger than just YEC, that they are intertwined together,
and that thoughtful people who are concerned about those problems have to
approach them lovingly and wisely, in ways that are not and to the fullest
extent possible don't appear to be challenges to orthodox faith. Really,
the truth is that paring away the vines is far from a threat to orthodoxy --
it lets the light shine in so orthdoxy can continue to flourish.