ICR, February 2006

From: Carol or John Burgeson <burgytwo@juno.com>
Date: Wed Feb 01 2006 - 10:34:04 EST

"ACTS & FACTS" for February 2006

The next RATE conference will be at the First Baptist Church in Roanoke,
VA on Saturday May 20th.

For a digital copy of Acts and Facts, visit:
http://www.icr.org/pdf/af/af0602.pdf

Cover article: How "Dr." Guliuzza brings the YEC message to our troops in
Iraq. His message -- Christianity is tightly coupled to the YEC position.

1. PRESIDENT'S COLUMN: From Dayton to Dover. by John Morris

In a case reminiscent of the 1925 Scopes Trial, a federal judge ruled
against efforts by the Dover, Pennsylvania, School Board to include
mention of Intelligent Design (ID) in public school science classes. On
December 20, 2005, U.S. District Judge John Jones issued a 139-page
wide-ranging, detailed, sometimes angry, sometimes mistaken diatribe
against creation thinking in any form. "The court erred in presenting a
false dichotomy between faith and science ... ." "All views of origins
are religious."

webpage: http://www.icr.org/index.php?module=articles&action=view&ID=2609

2. ORIGINS: Un-Bee-lievable Vision

Next to the fruit fly, the most popular insect (arthropod) of the
creation scientist could very well be the common honey bee. Much has been
written and filmed of this insect's incredible ability to make
perfectly-formed combs containing hexagonal cells for maximum utilization
of space and heat transfer.

Webpage: http://www.icr.org/index.php?module=articles&action=view&ID=2608

3. IMPACT: Confirmation of Rapid Metamorphism of Rocks

Where thick sequences of sedimentary rock layers have been deposited in
large basins, the deepest layers at the bottoms of the sequences may
subsequently have become folded by earth movements when subjected to
elevated temperatures and pressures that were sufficient to transform
them into metamorphic rocks. Includes a 23 item bibliography.

Webpage: http://www.icr.org/index.php?module=articles&action=view&ID=2603

4. BACK TO GENESIS: The Struggles of Michael Ruse. by Henry Morris

A leading modern evolutionist, Michael Ruse, has recently published a
significant book which he has titled, The Evolution-Creation Struggle,
discussing what might be called the "struggle for existence" (using the
Darwinian cliche) between evolution and creation as two rival religious
systems. Henry recalls past debates and challenges (correctly, I think),
Ruse's secondary thesis of pre vs post millenialism. My own review of
Ruse's book, which has a place of high honor on my library shelf (the
book, not my review!), is at www.burgy.50megs.com/ruse.htm.

Morris's review is at
http://www.icr.org/index.php?module=articles&action=view&ID=2604

5. DR. JOHN'S QUESTION: Just How Well Proven Is Evolution? by John Morris

Recently John was a guest on CNN's Lou Dobbs program, discussing the
difference between evolution, intelligent design, and creation. The other
two guests were Dr. Jon Wells, and Dr. Michael Ruse. John challenges
Ruse's assertion that evolution is as well proven as "2+2=4."

Webpage: http://www.icr.org/index.php?module=articles&action=view&ID=2605

6. UPCOMING RADIO SERIES:

February 4 - Comets - http://www.icr.org/radio/mp3/sss-1030.mp3
February 11 - Animals of the Ice Age -