Moderator note

From: Terry M. Gray <grayt@lamar.colostate.edu>
Date: Tue Dec 13 2005 - 00:27:17 EST

Everyone,

Keep vigorous debate coming, but...

One-liner responses, especially when they involve name-calling and
hurrahs in wars of words are highly discouraged on this list.

Let's also keep in mind that silence is usually the best response to
a post that we may consider ludicrous. Often it is the strength
(masculine or feminine) of meekness that will let the fool have the
last word.

Also, let's not violate the 9th commandment (that would be George's
8th commandment) ourselves in calling others to follow it.

I will not hesitate to put folks on "moderated" status who persist in
"uncivil" posts. This is a second warning for some on the list.

List manager,
TG

Terry M. Gray, Ph.D.
Computer Support Scientist