Re: ICR's Acts and Facts for Dec 2005

From: Randy Isaac <randyisaac@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed Nov 30 2005 - 20:52:33 EST

Burgy,
    Do you or anyone else know of someone who could accurately write up the
key technical claims produced at the RATE conference? Or are the actual
technical papers available somewhere? I'm presuming Acts and Facts isn't
detailed enough for anyone to be able to respond technically.

    I have no illusions of trying to change the minds of any YEC's, nor am I
concerned about most scientists who simply ignore these claims. Where I
believe the ASA has a responsibility is to calmly and systematically provide
a response to those who are not experts but sincerely seek answers on how to
respond to RATE. I have received requests from ASA members asking for a
credible response. My guess is that most of the specific issues have
already been addressed but without knowing the details, I can't be sure.

Randy