Re: ICR's Acts and Facts for Dec 2005

From: Dr. David Campbell <amblema@bama.ua.edu>
Date: Wed Nov 30 2005 - 17:57:38 EST

> Larry vardiman has an article on hurricanes. Using regression
> analysis,
> he shows a trend in these over the period 1840 to 2005. My
> skeptical
> self asked if he preselected the data (all canes exceeding 39 MPH) to
> fit
> his desired results. Maybe not. But the analysis is that of a 1st
> year
> undergraduate student, at best. At my college, Carnegie Tech, I
> would
> guess it would get a C- as a first semester physics project. You may
> want
> to check it out on the ICR web site and see if you agree.

If this is it,
http://www.icr.org/index.php?module=news&action=view&ID=33

there's a typo that would interest Freud, in addition to the bogus
science. (Foram skeletons are actually called tests, so you can guess
what the web page has.) I have no idea how he selected the isotopic
data to get the curve shown, but it doesn't match the actual isotopic
record.

It also seems to neglect the fact that sea surface temperature is not
uniform globally, though I don't think this affects the argument.

--
Dr. David Campbell
425 Scientific Collections Building