Re: measuring years through the Antarctica icesheets

From: Joel Moore <redsoxfan1977@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Nov 30 2005 - 10:58:25 EST

Glenn,

The ice core entry on wikipedia that Pim posted has some references.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_core

I believe for the lower (and older) part of the cores, which is the
most deformed and compacted, ice flow modeling is used to date cores.
See for example Dansgaard et al. (1993) Evidence for general
instability of past climate from a 250 kyr-old ice-core record. Nature
364: 218-220.

-Joel