Re: The scientific vacuity of Intelligent Design

From: Pim van Meurs <pimvanmeurs@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Nov 26 2005 - 02:21:20 EST

Cornelius Hunter wrote:

> This is the age-old rationalist complaint against empricism. You can't
> supply me with a competing rationalistic scheme, so you don't qualify.
> Imagine, a theory for studying biology that does not include the
> mechanism for how life came about? Unacceptable. Meanwhile the
> elephant is still in the room.

Huh? I point out that ID has nothing to contribute to science and you
complain that the lack of a rationalistic scheme is somehow irrelevant.
As far as the origin of life, is your argument that our ignorance
somehow is evidence for design? Or can we accept that there are many
instance where we clearly 'don't know'.
Of course, evolutionary theory does not have to deal with the origins of
life. Which does not mean that science has not proposed plausible pathways.

Remind me what ID has contributed to our scientific knowledge? Not much
I guess...
See, how scientifically vacuous ID really is?
My complaint is really simple: What does ID have to contribute to our
scientific knowledge Cornelius? So far you have contributed nothing much
relevant to resolve this issue.

Pim