Jewish views on Genesis

From: Roger G. Olson <rogero@saintjoe.edu>
Date: Mon Nov 21 2005 - 19:13:51 EST

Hi all,

I hate to interrupt the edifying discussion on whether B16 means the
modern North American (uppercase) ID movement when he advocates design
(lowercase id?)...

But, I have a question that's been gnawing at me for some time. Genesis
is part of the Tanach, the Hebrew scriptures. In view of all the to-do
about Genesis interpretation and modern origins views among Christian
sects, what in fact *are* the views of modern Jewish scholars regarding
the interpretation of Genesis 1-11? Afterall, it is *their* scripture as
well as ours (albeit ours via adoption).

Roger