Re: Vienna cardinal draws lines in Intelligent Design row

From: <cmekve@aol.com>
Date: Mon Nov 21 2005 - 18:29:15 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk>
To: Denyse O'Leary <oleary@sympatico.ca>; 'Ted Davis' <tdavis@messiah.edu>; asa@calvin.edu; 'Janice Matchett' <janmatch@earthlink.net>
Sent: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 15:34:52 -0000
Subject: Re: Vienna cardinal draws lines in Intelligent Design row

I see, then Arthur Peacocke, John Haught, Polkinhorne and every TE that has ever lived is this ID.

Is theologically conservative the same as orthodox?

Michael

Karl replies:
I can't find the exact quote right now, but one of my favorite theologians (David Yeago) said something like this --
'In the U.S., theologically conservative usually means slavish devotion to the past 150 years'.

One shouldn't read too much into a short quip, but in many ways he is correct.

Karl
Karl V. Evans
cmekve@aol.com