RE: Vienna cardinal draws lines in Intelligent Design row

From: Ted Davis <tdavis@messiah.edu>
Date: Mon Nov 21 2005 - 12:25:43 EST

I would not be so dismissive of open theism generally, as James Holding is
to John Sanders specifically.

Sanders lost his job at Huntingdon College for holding his views, but his
tenured colleague William Hasker did not; Hasker's views I have always found
thoughtful, carefully reasoned, and worth trying to understand. In the form
of open theism that I find the most interesting and potentially persuasive,
God knows God's own future actions and makes promises and declares
prophecies that God can ensure are fulfilled. It's some of the other things
that are open, not God's own activities and promises.

Ted