Re: Isaac Newton

From: <SatTeacher@aol.com>
Date: Sun Nov 20 2005 - 20:07:22 EST

Yes, I saw it. I was most interested in it as it was pretty accurate in my
opinion in most areas. one of my hesitancies was the fact that they merely
called him a heretic without defining his beliefs. If you care to discuss
this topic further we can. I have read Newton's original manuscripts in
Cambridge, Jerusalem, Boston, and Palo Alto and base my opinions in those MSS. I
was also most interested in discovering one of Newton's Bibles in Cambridge and
studying his marginal notes in that Bible. One of the interesting finds in
Jerusalem was a letter by Einstein briefly discussing the Jerusalem MSS which
he examined in the US after Yehuda purchased them and before they were sent to
Jerusalem.

I have not published in the field but as a high school teacher it was my
primary goal to prepare and use a one hour slide presentation that I put together
for my high school students on the topic. I used this with all of my
students for over 23 years. I was observed by my principals and other colleagues on
several occasions and it was noted by them that my presentation is an example
of how one can present scholarly material to high school students who are not
particularly interested in school. I have also presented at a number of
conferences including ASA, NSTA and others.

Due to health reasons, I retired from teaching high school in 2000 and I do
not believe that I have done anything with the presentation since my
retirement. To be honest, I am not sure what to do with it.

Helen Martin