RE: Cornell

From: Tjalle T Vandergraaf <ttveiv@mts.net>
Date: Thu Nov 17 2005 - 18:08:43 EST

Maybe a non-US citizen might have more success? Let's face it; sometimes
the tar brush can be pretty wide. To a lot of foreigners, "Evangelicals" may
be equated with "Americans."

I have not commented on Pat Robertson's pronouncements earlier but it seems
to me that his comments and perspectives spring from the concept of
"Manifest Destiny" and are more OT than NT. If I'm not correct, I'm sure
somebody on this forum will set me straight.

Chuck Vandergraaf

The president of the National Association of Evangelicals tried
unsuccessfully to get an appointment with Hugo Chavez to tell him that Pat
Robertson did not speak for evangelicals when he called for Chavez's
assassination. Sane comments don't get the same media coverage as inane
ones do.

Gordon Brown
Department of Mathematics
University of Colorado