Re: History and ASA

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Thu Nov 17 2005 - 09:49:16 EST

It's helpful to have Ted's comments below. I've always liked history & read
it as an amateur & don't want to be exclusive, but do think that there's
some practical sense in limitation of ASA memmbership. Otherwise we could
become simply an organization of Christians with college degrees & be too
broad to be able to accomplish much. Certainly the history of science is
germane to the purposes of the ASA as are the other 2 examples Ted cites so
it is hard to draw boundaries.
& it's interesting to note that theologians (as well as philosophers) are
eligible without any statement about what qualifies a person as a
theologian. Does a degree from a Bible college count?

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/