Re: Why sometimes I am ashamed to be called a Christian...the last, I hope

From: <Fivefree@aol.com>
Date: Mon Nov 14 2005 - 23:32:10 EST

Sorry, I couldn't resist answering.

In a message dated 11/14/2005 8:14:45 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
gmurphy@raex.com writes:

Genuine Christianity is inextricably connected with one offense, that of the
cross. Other than that, anything that keeps people from hearing the gospel
ought to be eliminated.

Shalom
George

Yes, the Cross is an offense. It is an 'offense' to the logical mind. But
the offense of the cross is consistent with the scriptures I gave earlier. 'Not
many wise, not many mighty, etc.' So, since the Gospel has more power to
convert than raising someone from the dead in front of the eyes of unbelievers
(as established earlier), it does not need any help in converting unbelievers.
"Anything that keeps people from hearing the gospel ought to be eliminated."
Sounds like you want to 'help' the Gospel. It does not need your help. When
we 'help' the Gospel we really only end up getting in the way.

Regards,

Jack Jackson