RE: Why sometimes I am ashamed to be called a Christian...the last, I hope

From: Alexanian, Moorad <alexanian@uncw.edu>
Date: Mon Nov 14 2005 - 23:03:49 EST

Let us also remember what St. Paul wrote in Philippians 1:15-18, "Some, to be sure, are preaching Christ even from envy and strife, but some also from good will; the latter do it out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel; the former proclaim Christ out of selfish ambition rather than from pure motives, thinking to cause me distress in my imprisonment. What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed; and in this I rejoice. Yes, and I will rejoice."

Moorad