Re: Is there evidence of design?

From: Cornelius Hunter <ghunter2099@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon Nov 14 2005 - 15:39:20 EST

Terry:

Sorry for the terse message, let me elaborate a bit. I wonder if you or others find evidence for design in creation, with whatever caveats you would attach.You have responded that (i) you do feel there is evidence for design (eg, the ETC exhibits function and IC), (ii) but such design could have evolved, (iii) and such a process of evolution was God-designed and God-guided, and (iv) you have doubts about whether the evidence from creation reveals any "superimposed purposefulness detectable from the outside."

My point is that this position easily falls within the ID framework. Indeed, if God designed and guided the process it fits well. You asked:

"Not sure what your last sentence means. If by that you mean that evolution is a God-designed, -guided process, and that irreducible complexity can arise by such means, then I readily concur. If you mean, the process and results evidence some kind of superimposed purposefulness detectable from the outside, then I have my doubts."

Yes, I meant that ID does not rule out evolutionary processes.