RE: Vatican

From: Stephen J. Krogh, P.G. <panterragroup@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon Nov 14 2005 - 10:17:43 EST

  -----Original Message-----
  From: asa-owner@lists.calvin.edu [mailto:asa-owner@lists.calvin.edu]On
Behalf Of RFaussette@aol.com
  Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 7:51 AM
  To: panterragroup@mindspring.com; asa@calvin.edu
  Subject: Re: Vatican

  In a message dated 11/13/2005 9:55:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
panterragroup@mindspring.com writes:
    Terrific, but why are you assuming that I am assuming. My point, if you
can even recall it, was that your notion was quite novel. Yes, even to my
Jewish friends. Your arguments haven't changed that.
  My argument is not novel (as in new or strange). It is attested in the
Jewish kabbalah, suggested by the claim to celibacy in the NT and again
supported by many references in the Nag Hammadi texts (the undivided, you
must be male and female to enter the kingdom). The texts from different
groups all support one another. This is not a novel as in new or strange
idea. It is a relatively unknown idea. I recall your point and don't
understand why a fact expressed across religious texts from the period of
developing Christianity should suddenly be novel because you and your
friends are not familiar with it, that's all.

  rich faussette

Hmm, don't like the word novel, how about just bizzare?