Re: Is there evidence of design?

From: Bill Hamilton <williamehamiltonjr@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun Nov 13 2005 - 13:51:44 EST

We can readily identify design by humans in art and artifacts, as Phil Johnson
is fond of pointing out. But does that enable us to detect design by an entity
(God) whose ways are higher than ours? While I believe that God has designed
the laws of physics and chemistry, and designs the environment to provide
direction to common descent, I regard my belief as philosophical, not
scientific. That's because it would be extremely difficult, if not impossible,
to establish rigorously the existence of design.

--- Cornelius Hunter <ghunter2099@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Well how about starting with this question. Do you think there is evidence
> for design in creation? For instance, does the electron transport chain
> exhibit evidence for design?
>
> From: Terry M. Gray
> If there is a "plan and purpose" that is detectable scientifically, then
> I'm all ears. Where is it? How is it imposed on organisms and ecosystems?
> TG

Bill Hamilton
William E. Hamilton, Jr., Ph.D.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs