Re: Why sometimes I am ashamed to be called a Christian

From: janice matchett <janmatch@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat Nov 12 2005 - 16:40:26 EST

At 04:20 PM 11/12/2005, D. F. Siemens, Jr. wrote:
>What's with this nonsense of being nonjudgmental? Do I not read that we'll
>know persons "by their fruits" (Matthew 7:16--note succeeding verses and
>other passages). How can anyone check fruit without judging quality? The
>much cited "Judge not" (7:1) does not stand alone, but specifies that our
>judgment of others will be applied to us. What is not to be tolerated is
>what was noted in the facetious declension of English adjectives,
>illustrated by: I'm tenacious, you're stubborn, he's pigheaded. The
>Chinese proverb of the baskets on the carrying pole also fits, for it is
>more difficult for us to see our own faults. Nevertheless, "God's gonna
>get you for that" is foolish and brings reproach on the gospel. To fail to
>say this is not being nonjudgmental, it's sitting on the truth and holding
>it down.
>Dave

#### In effect sayng, "I thank you God that I am not like so and so", is
not engaging in "righteous judgement".

I agree with you otherwise, as I so stated here:

Fri, 11 Nov 2005 16:42:18 -0500 To: Pim van Meurs <pimvanmeurs@yahoo.com>,
asa@calvin.edu
From: janice matchett <janmatch@earthlink.net>

Robertson is just as big an embarrassment to orthodox Christianity as thse
guys are to sound science:
http://www.crichton-official.com/speeches/speeches_quote04.html

~ Janice