Re: Why sometimes I am ashamed to be called a Christian

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Sat Nov 12 2005 - 16:20:36 EST

What's with this nonsense of being nonjudgmental? Do I not read that
we'll know persons "by their fruits" (Matthew 7:16--note succeeding
verses and other passages). How can anyone check fruit without judging
quality? The much cited "Judge not" (7:1) does not stand alone, but
specifies that our judgment of others will be applied to us. What is not
to be tolerated is what was noted in the facetious declension of English
adjectives, illustrated by: I'm tenacious, you're stubborn, he's
pigheaded. The Chinese proverb of the baskets on the carrying pole also
fits, for it is more difficult for us to see our own faults.
Nevertheless, "God's gonna get you for that" is foolish and brings
reproach on the gospel. To fail to say this is not being nonjudgmental,
it's sitting on the truth and holding it down.
Dave

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 15:42:37 -0500 "George Murphy" <gmurphy@raex.com>