Re: Vatican

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Fri Nov 11 2005 - 14:28:17 EST

Yeah, I was oversimplifying somewhat. There were a lot of Messianic expectations in Jesus' time & others (e.g., "the prophet like Moses") that weren't technically Messianic. My point was that at least one major one was seen by Jesus as misguided.

Contemorary Jewish thought is contemporary. But while it can't be just identified with Judaism pre-70, it developed from the rabbinic Judaism of the early centuries which, in turn, developed from Pharisaism, the major Jewish movement to survive the 2 Jewish revolts.

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/