Re: Vatican

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Fri Nov 11 2005 - 14:11:03 EST

George,
I got a new take on your third point from Dr. Peter Flint's recent
lectures in Phoenix. The Dead Sea scrolls present more comprehensively
the Jewish view of the time when Jesus lived. Expulsion of the Romans was
only a part of the whole. At the time there were three major groups, only
one of which, the Pharisees, survived in later Judaism. Contemporary
Jewish thought is fourth century, not first.
Dave

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:13:04 -0500 "George Murphy" <gmurphy@raex.com>