Re: Vatican

From: <RFaussette@aol.com>
Date: Thu Nov 10 2005 - 19:28:51 EST

In a message dated 11/10/2005 4:53:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
gbrown@euclid.colorado.edu writes:
Celibacy does not prove lack of desire. Jesus was tempted in all point
like as we are (Heb. 4:15 KJV).

The context of I Tim. 2:13 assumes that God created Adam male.

Commenting on another post, the passage beginning in Gen. 2:18 does not
suggest that Adam's primary need was for sexual satisfaction. Rather it
says that he was alone. The poor guy needed help in tending the Garden.
There is no hint that only a sex partner could help. Why have him look at
the animals? Of course, the solution ultimately produced more than one
potential helper.

Gordon Brown
Department of Mathematics
University of Colorado
Boulder, CO 80309-0395
No, celibacy suggests completeness in one's self without desire for another.
In your passage, nothing is said about whether or not Jesus desired to be
tempted or desired what he was tempted with, only that he was tempted in every way
and resisted which supports my argument I would think.

rich faussette