Re: [RFaussette@aol.com: Re: Crusades]

From: <RFaussette@aol.com>
Date: Thu Nov 10 2005 - 19:22:22 EST

In a message dated 11/10/2005 11:48:21 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jcannon@jcannon.washjeff.edu writes:
> From: RFaussette@aol.com

> When the Muslims took Jerusalem during the expansion, thousands of
> Christians were massacred at the request of Jerusalem's
> Jews. ... This was the nature of warfare at the time, not the nature
> of Christianity.

Do you mean to say that it was Just War, and that it is unreasonable
to expect that allegiance to the Prince of Peace might cause
Christians to transcend a culture's violent habits? What exactly is
the Lordship of Jesus supposed to do to a community of people?

Joel W. Cannon | (724)223-6146
Physics Department | jcannon@washjeff.edu
Washington and Jefferson College |
Washington, PA 15301 |

No, I didn't say anything about a just war. We were talking about the TV
portrayal of Christians and I pointed out that the call for the crusades was
legitimate in the wake of the violent Muslim expansion in which Christians were
massacred, enslaved or not allowed their religion at all, an expansion that
reached as far as France.

rich faussette