Off-topic discussion - The Crusades

From: Terry M. Gray <grayt@lamar.colostate.edu>
Date: Thu Nov 10 2005 - 12:30:34 EST

ASA list members,

In discussing the Crusades thread with several ASA leadership types,
we are leaning toward calling the thread about the Crusades "off-
topic" for this list. While it may be of great interest,
historically, religiously, politically, etc., it is somewhat outside
the umbrella of topics covered by the ASA (which guides the topics of
this list). This is about as soft-touch as we can be here, but I urge
restraint. Keep in mind that just because something is interesting
and in the news doesn't mean that it's appropriate for discussion here.

List manager,

TG

Terry M. Gray, Ph.D.
Computer Support Scientist