Metaphysics and science: A question for Ted

From: Joel Cannon <jcannon@jcannon.washjeff.edu>
Date: Thu Nov 10 2005 - 11:53:37 EST

Hi Ted:

In your post yesterday concerning the Dover trial, you mentioned
somthing concerning your discussions with philosophers of science on
the topic of scientists and metaphysical assumptions. Could you say a
little bit more about it? What sorts of metaphysical assumptions would
be common in science? The more I think about it, the less I am sure
what you mean.

Thanks much,

Joel W. Cannon                   |   (724)223-6146
Physics Department               |   jcannon@washjeff.edu
Washington and Jefferson College |
Washington, PA 15301             |