Re: Crusades

From: Robert Schneider <rjschn39@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu Nov 10 2005 - 10:37:42 EST

It has been a long time since I read Kazantzakis' novel or seen the film based on it, but what some of my students found appealing about the novel is its portrayal of the humanity of Jesus. And, it should be noted that in the novel Jesus does not yield to the last temptation about which he fantasizes on the cross, but rejects it and completes his mission. It seems to me that there is a model for the Christian to imitate in this.

Bob