Re: Crusades

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Thu Nov 10 2005 - 08:52:30 EST

It's inaccurate to describe "The Last Temptation of Christ" as simply "berating Christians." There were certainly things wrong with the film - & with the novel it's based on - but the central theme, which was the fact that Christ could be tempted & especially what his "last temptation" was, were profoundly correct. The negative reaction of many Christians to the movie betrayed a docetic christology.

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/