Re: Crusades

From: <RFaussette@aol.com>
Date: Thu Nov 10 2005 - 07:51:15 EST

In a message dated 11/9/2005 11:56:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pimvanmeurs@yahoo.com writes:
I believe that there is more to these matters. When the first crusade
conquered Jerusalem, reportedly tens of thousands of people were killed,
women, children, Christians, Jews, and Muslims alike

When the Muslims took Jerusalem during the expansion, thousands of Christians
were massacred at the request of Jerusalem's Jews. If I'm not mistaken this
was archeologically attested when archeologists excavated the Pool of Siloam.
This was the nature of warfare at the time, not the nature of Christianity.

rich faussette