Re: [Norton AntiSpam] Re: [Norton AntiSpam] Re: Vatican

From: Jim Armstrong <jarmstro@qwest.net>
Date: Wed Nov 09 2005 - 01:12:01 EST

You take it wrong - I just suspect that the perspective of the time
would have a hard time ascribing anything other than a male attribute to
an authority figure. In the absence of a reasonably good space/time
understanding, there would be perhaps a little more justification for
anthropomorphizing God than in our own time. If God is living, and
sentient, and in some way like us, then the choosing of some personal
pronoun is probably irresistable, though its appropriatenss might be
questioned in the longer view.

There is also that troubling passage, in part "...neither male nor
female..."

Don't understand your second offering. But there might be something
there that I agree with...maybe. JimA