Re: History Channel's Propagandist Piece on the Crusades

From: <RFaussette@aol.com>
Date: Tue Nov 08 2005 - 12:41:04 EST

In a message dated 11/8/2005 11:18:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,
janmatch@earthlink.net writes:
Did anybody see that vile piece on the Crusades Sunday Night? I had to turn
it off. It was a politically pile of propagandist crap attacking the Crusades,
the Christian Church and heroizing Ilsamic fanatics. [snip] ~ Janice

Pim replies:

Thanks, I just ordered the DVD. Seems that the History Channel did an
excellent job at portraying the crusades. As Christians we have to realize that past
behaviors of fellow Christians have not always been exemplary. The importance
is really: What can we learn from their mistakes?
No, what you have to ask yourself is: is this factually correct? Why assume
Christian wrongdoing? If I'm not mistaken the Moors would have taken all of
Europe except that Charles Martel stopped them when they came over the Pyrenees.
They held Spain for 700 years. Was there any wrongdoing by the Moors? Was
there any wrongdoing by the Jews who encouraged the Moors to enter Spain and
encouraged the Muslim massacre of Christians during the Muslim expansion? If you
learn by the mistakes of each of these involved groups rather than just the
mistakes of Christians you'd have a balanced picture.
A question to ask yourself: who benefits from portraying Christians so badly?

rich faussette