Re: History Channel's Propagandist Piece on the Crusades

From: janice matchett <janmatch@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue Nov 08 2005 - 11:17:01 EST

At 10:46 PM 11/7/2005, Pim van Meurs wrote:

janice matchett wrote:

>Hi all,
>Here is BSR against the propaganda piece aired on the History Channel last
>night, (which you will find referenced below
>this): <http://freerepublic.com/focus/news/661560/posts>The Real History
>of the Crusades http://freerepublic.com/focus/news/661560/posts
>Comment: "...This [2002] article was published in SPECIFIC response to
>Bill Clinton's outrageously arrogant Sept. 2001 speech at Georgetown Univ.
>in which [he] put forth the brazenly distored historical LIE (!!) that the
>Sept. 11th WTC & Pentagon attacks were (get this) caused by the
>Crusades!! <http://freerepublic.com/focus/news/661560/posts?page=27#27>27
><http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1517164/posts>History Channel's
>Propagandist Piece on the Crusades
>History Channel | November 8, 2005 | History Channel
>Posted on 11/07/2005 6:06:05 AM EST by ZULU
>http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1517164/posts
>
>Did anybody see that vile piece on the Crusades Sunday Night? I had to
>turn it off. It was a politically pile of propagandist crap attacking the
>Crusades, the Christian Church and heroizing Ilsamic fanatics. [snip] ~
>Janice

Pim replies:
>Thanks, I just ordered the DVD. Seems that the History Channel did an
>excellent job at portraying the crusades. As Christians we have to realize
>that past behaviors of fellow Christians have not always been exemplary.
>The importance is really: What can we learn from their mistakes?

### "We"???? Who is "we"?? You and this clueless guy? "...If you
want to live in a fairer, more fraternal society, this is not how to go
about it." http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1517586/posts

Reality 101:

"....If Chirac isn't exactly Charles Martel, the rioters aren't doing a bad
impression of the Muslim armies of 13 centuries ago: They're seizing their
opportunities, testing their foe, probing his weak spots. ......"
http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1516673/posts

Janice