Re: Structuralism and evolutionary theory

From: George Murphy <>
Date: Sun Oct 30 2005 - 20:47:19 EST

MessageWhat does it mean to say that cloned cats "do not come true"? That they aren't really clones? That cloning is dependent upon genetic determinism? All cloning means is that you can produce a genetic replica of an organism. Whether or not 2 genetically identical organisms will behave identically is a separate question - & you don't need clones to test it. You can do that with identical twins, which really are genetically identical because (unlike most clones) they have the same mitochondrial DNA.