Re: Seeing a life-giving spirit with a camcorder

From: Dr. David Campbell <>
Date: Wed Oct 19 2005 - 11:42:31 EDT

>>The Gospels portray the resurrected Jesus as having both flesh and
> Where exactly?

In Jn. 20:22, Jesus gives the Spirit (pneuma) to the disciples, a bit
difficult if He had none to share.

> Jesus 'appeared' to lots of people in 1 Corinthians 15.
> The man of Macedonia 'appeared' (identical word) to Paul in Acts
> 16:9.
> I wonder if people from Macedonia would have shown up on the
> primitive camcorders of 2,000 years ago?

Some commentators have suggested that an actual Macedonian showed up
and expressed interest, whereas others treat it as a vision of Paul's.
However, the use of the same word in the two passages does not seem too
significant to the issue at hand. Both the folks in I Cor 15 and Paul
experienced stimulation of the optic nerve suggestive of seeing a
person. The nature of the source of the stimulus is not addressed by
the word "appeared".

Dr. David Campbell
425 Scientific Collections Building
Department of Biological Sciences