Re: More on Florida

From: Iain Strachan <>
Date: Wed Oct 12 2005 - 03:34:27 EDT

On 10/12/05, Carol or John Burgeson <> wrote:
<quote from "Life science for Christian Schools"

> The Bible tells us that God directly created all things (John 1:3).

It doesn't. It says (John 1:3):

3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has
been made.

I am one of those things that have been made, but as far as I'm aware my
parents "directly" made me; something that would be impossible were it not
for the fact that God is Creator and Sustainer of the universe (without him
nothing was made that has been made).

[ Actually I've always thought it was the stork ... ]

> Bible contradicts the theory of evolution. In doing so, the Bible does
> not contradict true science, since evolution is not science."
> --From a seventh-grade Bob Jones science book, Life Science for Christian
> Schools, which has a subchapter titled "How Biological Evolution
> Supposedly Took Place."
> [
> 2a_creation_side_1009.html]
> jb

Those who can count and those who can't.