Re: What goes around comes around

From: George Murphy <>
Date: Sat Oct 08 2005 - 08:14:32 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Roberts" <>
To: "Cornelius Hunter" <>; "Preston Garrison"
Cc: <>
Sent: Saturday, October 08, 2005 2:31 AM
Subject: Re: What goes around comes around

>> Preston:
>> I thought it was obvious that we were discussing truth claims of
>> evolution,
>> not operational science.
>>> Cornelius,
> Cornelius
> What on earth is operational science? It has no meaning in any proper
> scientific discourse as it is just some rhetorical device invented by
> certain American Christians who wish to discredit science.and make out
> that historical science is in some sense not proper science.
> The whole mythology of operation and origins science needs to be rejected
> as it is philosophical and scientific nonsense.

Quite right. A distinction can be made but it's superficial: "Origins
science" is just "operations science" applied to origins.

& for anyone who wants to continue the debate we can ask, "Origins of what?"
Is embryology an "origins science" because it deals with the origins of

I can guess the response & am tempted to write a platonic dialogue refuting
it but will resist.