RE: It's the Bible or evolution

From: Denyse O'Leary <oleary@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri Sep 30 2005 - 10:26:52 EDT

Ted, just this: Special creation is special creation. It may not be special
divine creation - that's another story.

But if/when scientists can create life forms from scratch in a laboratory,
they will demonstrate that special creation can definitely occur without
divine intervention.

Special creation will then be a fact, not an argument.

If scientists arrive at the point where they decide that special creation,
like ftl time travel, quantum freezing of large objects, or the calculations
of LaPlace's demon, is not practically possible in this universe, that would
be evidence for a divine origin of life.

I think you are not giving enough credit to the contribution that humans, as
intelligent designers, can make to the question, by ruling various
possibilities in or out.

Cheers, Denyse

--
Read brief excerpts from my book, By Design or by Chance?: The Growing
Controversy On the Origins of Life in the Universe (Augsburg Fortress, 2004)
at
http://www.designorchance.com/press.html
Study Guide:
http://www.arn.org/arnproducts/books/b088sk.htm
Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0806651776/qid=1109790930/sr=8
-1/ref=pd_csp_1/104-8617533-8799957?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
My blog:
http://post-darwinist.blogspot.com/
(go to other blogs from here)
Denyse O'Leary