Re: It's the Bible or evolution

From: Ted Davis <tdavis@messiah.edu>
Date: Mon Sep 26 2005 - 18:55:25 EDT

Interestingly, Ken Miller's testimony in Harrisburg today *expressly* and more than once, countered the notion that evolution implies or necessitates atheism. Indeed he *very clearly* articulated the view that religious interpretations of science, including his own and Mike Behe's (Mike was also in court today, though he did not testify today), are just that--interpretations of science rather than scientific claims.

Superb testimony by Ken Miller on all counts, IMO.

ted

>>> Keith Miller <kbmill@ksu.edu> 09/25/05 12:18 AM >>>
Here is an article on Steve Abrams, the Kansas school board chairman
who is the point person in the current efforts to change the science
standards. His views summarize those of all the board members who are
behind the proposed changes. The efforts of these board members are
being supported by the ID advocates. The Discovery Institute in
particular is energizing and supporting this utterly false warfare view
of science and faith. No efforts were made during the testimony of ID
advocates before the state board to counter the view that evolution
equals atheism. In fact, most of the testimony explicitly reinforced
it.

Keith

Begin forwarded message: