Re: The greatest challenge facing mankind

From: Robert Schneider <rjschn39@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon Sep 26 2005 - 10:23:16 EDT

Re: The greatest challenge facing mankindAlan,

In the new "Catechism of Creation" created by the Episcopal Church's Committee on Science, Technology and Faith, we included this Q&A:

"Many Christians are suspicious of environmentalists and oppose activities to preserve the earth. What can we say to them?
We can invite them to study with us the biblical principles that show that caring for the environment is God's will. We can ask them to think of those who are not Christians but are working to preserve the environment as also caring for creation, whatever their reasons, and to work with them to carry out God's charge to the whole human family."

Bob's comment: since the charge from God to care for God's creation was given to the entire human family, then cooperation among those who are working to preserve the integrity of the environment is essential, whatever their perspectives, religious or non religious. Caring for the earth is really our primary ministry, the first ministry that God gave to humankind.

Bob