Article on two books in latest PSCF

From: Bill Hamilton <williamehamiltonjr@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun Sep 25 2005 - 08:32:47 EDT

I just read this paper. It'll take another read to absorb it better, but I
found it quite interesting. One ofthe most interesting aspects was the
development of the idea that the book of nature could only be "read" by
scientists. The first mention of this that I recall was Galileo: he believed
that theologians should not try to interpret nature. Perhaps this attitude
contributed to the eventual separation of theology faculties from the
science/philosophy faculties of the universities.

I very much appreciated the interpretation of the book of nature being speech,
and the relating of this view to the references to God's speech in Scripture.

Bill Hamilton
William E. Hamilton, Jr., Ph.D.

http://mail.yahoo.com