Re: Correction! Re: Article on two books in latest PSCF

From: Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Wed Sep 21 2005 - 18:02:31 EDT

I am glad you do not agree with Tyler who makes a lot of inaccurate statements on geology. To say(b) that most of the arguments for long timescales are paradigm-driven rather than scientific; is just plain wrong and contradicted by the slow development of the geological timescale starting from a young earth in c1660 and slowly moving to our present position.

The word paradigm is used to give some kind of plausibility to nonsense arguments. I prefer the word parasite as YEC is parasitic on real science.

Michael