Article on two books in latest PSCF

From: Ted Davis <tdavis@messiah.edu>
Date: Wed Sep 21 2005 - 12:55:49 EDT

Two years ago I participated in a conference on the history of the metaphor
of "two books" at the well known scientific conference center in Erice,
Sicily. (Talk about a place to hold a conference--2500 feet above the
Mediterranean, breathtaking views from all over the quaint medieval town.)
There I met Fr Guiseppe Tanzella-Nitti, an astronomer and theologian who
teaches at the pontifical university in Rome. He gave a terrific paper,
"The Two Books Prior to the Scientific Revolution," and I asked him to
submit it to PSCF even though it has already been published elsewhere in the
meantime (in Annales Theologici, the journal of his department).

I cannot recall seeing a clearer, more accurate, and more comprehensive
treatment of this important topic. Anyone care to discuss it here?

ted