RE: The Universe in a Single Atom

From: janice matchett <janmatch@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed Sep 21 2005 - 12:15:36 EDT

At 08:46 AM 9/21/2005, Alexanian, Moorad wrote:

>Imagine scientific knowledge in 1000 years, would it correspond or not to
>the following verse, "All things came into being through Him, and apart
>from Him nothing came into being that has come into being." John 1:3. ~ Moorad

### If God hasn't separated his sheep from the goats and ushered in the
"new heavens and new earth" before 1000 years has transpired - human
nature will be as predictible as it has been since the fall. A man's
"scientific" conclusions will result from one or the other of the two
premises on which his religion is based.
  http://www.the-highway.com/2religions.html

As we know - there's "science" and then there's
"science". http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/galileo.html The fact
that arrogant man dared to presume to mix his own philosophy in with
God-breathed Scripture, didn't change Eternal Truth one iota.

Nevertheless, the arrogant never give up. The same sort of situation
exists today among those who embrace the latest fad / pop-culture religion
called, "new age" / process theology / open theism (where mere men (little
gods) get to "surprise" their god (s), and all that implies.)

They don't embrace the God of Providence taught in Scripture.

They don't view the Scriptures as God-breathed (in the autographs), to wit:

The Chicago Statement on Inerrancy, Article X:

"We affirm that inspiration, strictly speaking, applies only to the
autographic text of Scripture, which in the providence of God can be
ascertained from available manuscripts with great accuracy. We further
affirm that copies and translations of Scripture are the Word of God to the
extent that they faithfully represent the original. We deny that any
essential element of the Christian faith is affected by the absence of the
autographs. We further deny that this absence renders the assertion of
Biblical inerrancy invalid or irrelevant." More
here: http://www.tektonics.org/lp/nttextcrit.html

~ Janice -- who is reminded of this quote: "There are those who hate
Christianity and call their hatred an all-embracing love for all
religions." ~ GK Chesterton